Program Educational Objectives (PEOs): Civil Engineering
The Program Educational Objectives for Civil Engineering program are designed to produce competent civil engineers who are ready to contribute effectively to the advancement of civil engineering and to fulfill the needs of the community. These objectives are as follows:
- Graduates will be prepared with strong engineering fundamentals leading to excellent performance in professional career in planning, designing, construction, operation & maintenance of the built environment and global infrastructure that meet the societal needs.
- Graduates will exhibit strong technical ability to create and synthesize data using relevant tools and concepts, for providing sustainable solutions to civil engineering problems and projects.
- Graduates will exhibit excellent interpersonal communication and resource management skills as leaders in the civil engineering profession while working as a part of multidisciplinary team.
- Graduates will be prepared with sound foundation in mathematics, science and in Civil Engineering to prepare them for higher studies and research.
- Graduates will possess a breadth of knowledge and engage themselves in the lifelong learning to meet challenges of globalization.
- Graduates will have a sense of responsibility, respect towards society & its heritage and will follow the professional ethics.
Program Outcomes (POs): Civil Engineering
1. Engineering knowledge: Apply the knowledge of mathematics, science, engineering fundamentals, and an engineering specialization to the solution of complex engineering problems.
2. Problem analysis: Identify, formulate, review research literature, and analyze complex engineering problems reaching substantiated conclusions using first principles of mathematics, natural sciences, and engineering sciences.
3. Design/development of solutions: Design solutions for complex engineering problems and design system components or processes that meet the specified needs with appropriate consideration for the public health and safety, and the cultural, societal, and environmental considerations.
4. Conduct investigations of complex problems: Use research-based knowledge and research methods including design of experiments, analysis and interpretation of data, and synthesis of the information to provide valid conclusions.
5. Modern tool usage: Create, select, and apply appropriate techniques, resources, and modern engineering and IT tools including prediction and modeling to complex engineering activities with an understanding of the limitations.
6. The engineer and society: Apply reasoning informed by the contextual knowledge to assess societal, health, safety, legal and cultural issues and the consequent responsibilities relevant to the professional engineering practice.
7. Environment and sustainability: Understand the impact of the professional engineering solutions in societal and environmental contexts, and demonstrate the knowledge of, and need for sustainable development.
8. Ethics: Apply ethical principles and commit to professional ethics and responsibilities and norms of the engineering practice.
9. Individual and team work: Function effectively as an individual, and as a member or leader in diverse teams, and in multidisciplinary settings.
10. Communication: Communicate effectively on complex engineering activities with the engineering community and with society at large, such as, being able to comprehend and write effective reports and design documentation, make effective presentations, and give and receive clear instructions.
11. Project management and finance: Demonstrate knowledge and understanding of the engineering and management principles and apply these to one’s own work, as a member and leader in a team, to manage projects and in multidisciplinary environments.
12. Life-long learning: Recognize the need for, and have the preparation and ability to engage in independent and life-long learning in the broadest context of technological change.
Program Specific Outcomes (PSOs): Civil Engineering
1) A broad Education is necessary to undestand practical probelm and to suggest the best posible and economical solution for the problem.
2) An ability to function in multidisciplinary terms.
3) An ability to successed in competitative examinations in govt. and private organizations.after successful acomplishement(degree) by professional development and/or industrial training course certification.